Click images to view larger.
“Tribute” is a stunning composite of cocobolo, maple, ebony, mother of pearl, sterling silver, and brass and weighs eleven pounds, six ounces with a standard 25 ½” scale.
The battery cover plate of “Tribute” is 3/8” deep to accommodate a surreal 3D inlay that changes hue when exposed to different lighting.
3D mother of pearl designs in the headstock: Eight pieces of inlay form the trunk and lie beneath the base and fans of the palm tree. The cocobolo truss rod cover has a dolphin mother of pearl inlay. The peg-head binding is maple. It has a 1 5/8” brass nut.
The body consists of eight layers of wood. From the top: cocobolo, another layer of cocobolo, maple, cocobolo, maple, cocobolo, maple, cocobolo.
- Three Schaller humbucking pickups (two neck and one bridge) encased in a cocobolo mounting plate with a brass bottom.
- Schaller bridge with piezo saddles
- Five way blade pickup selector switch
- Master volume
- Master tone
- Piezo tone control
- Piezo-magnetic blend control
- Coil tap switch for neck pickup
- Coil tap switch for middle pickup
- On/off effects loop switch
- Effect loop ¼” jack
- Output jack 1/4'”
Encased in acrylic, the 3D sterling silver rings literally surround the planet.
The ebony fretboard has forty-seven separate pieces of mother of pearl inlay.
The binding surrounding the 24-fret ebony board is maple. The fretwire measures .011” x .057”.
Tribute pictured during construction—from Cripe’s files.
Lightning Bolt, Tribute, and Top Hat—outtake from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Photo Shoot.
> See "Eagle"